Hair Thinner Cream for Mens
Shave your arm hair. You may shave your arms with a safety razor just as any part of your body. This is a temporary solution, and you may see hair regrowth within a few days. In order to keep up with this method, you will need to shave your arm hair a few times a week.
- Because you are cutting your hair with a blunt razor, this method may cause noticeable ingrown hairs. The hair may also appear to grow back thicker. Be aware of these side effects when choosing to shave arm hair.
- It is recommended that you stay out of the sun for 24 hours before and after using a depilatory cream.
- Consider applying a hair-inhibiting cream in between depilatory cream applications to keep hair thinner and softer.
- Hair must be at least a quarter-inch long for the wax to grip it properly. Allow your hair to grow out for a few weeks to a reasonable length before attempting to wax it.
- You can also make your own wax at home using sugar and water. Combine 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat. Pour into a glass container when it turns a ginger-ale brown color. Let cool slightly, then apply to skin with a butter knife. Pull firmly upwards and the sugar wax will remove the hairs. Apply corn starch to skin beforehand to get rid of excess moisture.
Method 2Exploring Professional Hair-Removal Options
- Get a professional wax. Many salons offer professional waxing services. They use hot wax to remove hair from the follicle. Professional waxes are thorough, though often costlier than at-home treatments. Salons may offer a half or full arm wax depending on where your hair grows. Make sure you find a hygenic, experienced technician if you choose to get professional waxing services.
- Try laser hair removal. Laser hair removal uses concentrated beams of light to penetrate the hair follicle and destroy the hair. It is certified by the FDA to permanently reduce hair. This means that hair growth will be reduced over time, and hair may be completely gone for years at a time. Many patients will need multiple treatments to keep hair from growing back. This is not a permanent solution, but may last for years. There are few side effects, although treatments can cause pain afterward. This pain is usually treated with over the counter medication.
- Visit a dermatologic surgeon to get laser hair removal done. Make sure you find a doctor experienced and trained in performing laser hair removal.
- Remove hair permanently with electrolysis. Electrolysis is the only permanent method of hair removal according to the FDA and the American Medical Association. In electrolysis, an electrode is inserted into the skin and an electric current passes through the hair follicle, inhibiting hair growth. It is not painful, though may cause some redness after each treatment. Patients will need a series of treatments over time, with each treatment lasting 15-20 minutes.
- You must be a licensed and certified technician in order to perform electrolysis, so make sure the doctor you choose has a license before undergoing the procedure.
Ask a Question
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
Loading...Did you try these steps?
Upload a picture for other readers to see.