Remove Stomach Hair for Mens
Wash the hair. Use warm water and a washcloth to soften the hair on your stomach for a few minutes. This will prepare the hair for easy shaving.
- You can also take a quick shower instead of just washing your stomach if you prefer. You'll want to shave soon after washing. Wet skin is easier to shave and will result in less cuts.
- It is recommend that you use a good quality, new razor. If you find yourself having to use pressure when dragging the razor over your skin, it is probably too old and needs to be replaced.
Rinse your stomach. Wash off any remaining shaving gel and loose hair with warm water. Dry your stomach off with a towel and then apply some moisturizing lotion.
Method 2Using Depilatory Cream
- Do a patch test. Apply the cream to a small area of skin and wait for a few minutes. If your skin has an adverse reaction, such as itching and redness, try a different brand of depilatory cream. If no such reaction occurs, continue.
- Depilatory creams can be found at most drug stores and beauty product stores.
- Wash your stomach. Your stomach needs to free of oils and lotion before you start. Dry your stomach off after washing. Make sure your stomach is free of cuts before continuing.
- Apply the cream. Apply generously and evenly across the whole affected area of your stomach. Use the spatula provided with the cream to dab the cream into the skin. Wait the recommended amount of time before continuing.
- Typically it takes about 15 minutes for the cream to do its job, but it varies depending on the type of cream you use.
- Remove the cream and rinse. Use the spatula provided with the cream to remove the cream. Scrape it off in downwards motions. Rinse your stomach with warm water to remove the rest of the cream, then dry off with a towel.
Method 3Bleaching Your Stomach Hair
- Wash the area. Use soap and water to thoroughly wash your stomach. Dry it off completely with a towel.
- Mix the bleaching components. The bleaching cream product you bought should have instructions on how to prepare the cream. Mix the components in equal proportions.
- Any sort of commercial chemical hair bleaching product will work.
- Generally, your bleaching product will come with the bleach itself, and some conditioner. You'll have to mix the bleach and the conditioner in a bowl.
- Apply bleach to the area. Use the brush or spatula provide with the bleaching cream to apply it to the hair-affected area of your stomach. Leave the cream on for 5 to 7 minutes before continuing.
- If you've never used bleach to lighter your hair before, it would be wise to do a patch test before applying bleach to the whole area, to rule out a potential allergic reaction. Just apply some bleach to a small patch of skin and wait 5 to 7 minutes. Then rinse it off and continue bleaching the rest of your stomach hair.
- Rinse off the bleach. Remove the bleaching cream with warm water. The skin affected might look lighter than usual but that effect won't last long.
Method 4Waxing Your Stomach
- Apply the wax. Use the application tool provided with your wax to apply the wax in even amounts. Avoid getting the wax on anything else such as your clothes or carpet.
- You can use any commercial hair removal wax, which can be found at most drug stores. Look for hard wax, as it doesn't need to be pulled off in the opposite direction of the hair's growth, and is therefore less painful.
- Remove wax with cloth strips. Wait for the wax to set. It should have a sticky consistency once it's ready to remove. Place the cloth strips provided with the wax on top of the wax. Grab the cloth from the edge and pull it off in one swift motion.
- Repeat on all unwanted stomach hair. Apply wax over another section of the hairy area of your stomach. Remove the wax with the cloth strips. Repeat this until you've waxed all the desired areas of your stomach.
Method 5Using Unverified Home Remedies
- Remove unwanted stomach hair with raw papaya. Some people have good results using raw papaya to stop hair growth. Make a paste using raw papaya and turmeric powder. Massage the paste into your stomach on all the areas with hair. Leave it for 20 minutes, then rinse it all off and apply some moisturizer.
- Other ingredients you can include in this paste to potentially improve its effectiveness are aloe vera, gram flour, and mustard oil.
- Use a sugar-lemon- honey wax. Sugar, lemon and honey can make an easily found, cheap and natural wax for removing unwanted stomach hair. Mix together honey, sugar, and lemon in a bowl. Heat the components, and then finish mixing them until it forms a consistent paste. Dust your stomach with cornstarch powered, then apply the warm paste to your skin. Press a cloth or waxing strip onto the paste-covered skin and pull it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- This natural waxing method might not have the same results as commercially bought wax, but for light hair growth it can be satisfactory.
- Make an egg white mask. Combine egg whites, sugar, and cornstarch. Apply the mixture to your stomach, then wait for it to dry. After it dries, just gently remove the mask and find that the mask has taken some hair with it.
- Try a sugar and molasses hair removal remedy. You might be able to get good results with a combination of sugar, molasses, and lemon applied to the skin. First, combine sugar and molasses in a bowl. Let it sit for a few a minutes, then microwave it until the sugar dissolves. Then add lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Apply the paste to the stomach and let it dry. Then pull it off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Add New Question
- What if the hair grows back? Do I keep shaving or waxing?
Only if you want to. Unless you get laser hair removal, it will keep growing back, like leg hair or armpit hair.
- Do I need to apply shaving cream?
Yes, or other type of lubricant for the razor.
- Is it true that if I shave my stomach, the hair will grow back twice as thick?
There's no evidence of that. However, shaving only lasts a day or two until there is noticeable stubble. The hair follicles sometimes appear more pronounced due to continuous irritation. This makes it quite obvious you have shaved.
- Can I use conditioner to shave?
Yes. Conditioner can be very useful when shaving as it is smooth and doesn't make the hair clumpy.
- Is bleaching my stomach hair if I have dark skin is a good idea?
No, it will make it look unnatural and could irritate your skin.
- How can I remove hair permanently?
Laser removal is the only way to truly remove hair permanently. Waxing or plucking will last a few weeks.
- Is it good to use the papaya method if the hairs are soft?
Ask a Question
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.