Facial Hair Thinner for Mens
Thinning hair and a receding hair line can do a number on your confidence. Although there are several causes for thinning hair in men, genetics typically trump all of them. Thankfully, there are still some ways to manage thinning hair and a receding hair line in men without resorting to an ugly combover. Try these hair thinning tips for men to slow down thinning hair and men’s hair loss.
1. Avoid overwashing your hair. When you first notice thinning hair or a receding hair line, your first instinct might be to wash more often in an effort to maintain the integrity of your remaining hair. This is a bad idea since too much washing can actually contribute to men’s hair damage and men’s hair loss. Use a men’s daily shampoo only once a day for best results.
2. Eat a balanced diet. Sometimes, thinning hair can be the result of a poor diet. Because hair is composed of proteins, supplementing your diet with high-protein foods and sports nutrition supplements may provide your body with enough protein to repair and replenish itself. A men’s multivitamin can also be useful for making up some nutritional deficiencies in your diet.
3. Keep your men’s hairstyle short. One of the easiest solutions for thinning hair or a receding hair line is a new hairstyle. A buzz cut or other short hairstyles are great for men with thinning hair or a receding hair line. They look much more natural than a combover or a toupee.
4. Grow some facial hair. Well-groomed facial hair can draw attention from thinning hair in men or a receding hair line in men. Just make sure you don’t overdo it – odd facial hair designs could actually make matters worse. Using a men’s shaving cream and men’s aftershave when grooming facial hair can minimize men’s shaving problems like ingrown hairs and razor burn.
5. Relax. A little bit of stress is normal, but a lot of it isn’t. Excessive stress may lead to premature graying of hair in men – not to mention thinning hair and hair loss in men. Take a long-deserved vacation and clear your mind. Do some yoga or research some relaxation techniques. An omega-3 supplement may also help you de-stress – studies have suggested that omega 3s may help elevate one’s mood.
6. Use men’s hair products that provide volume. The right men’s hair gel and men’s hair pomade can provide volume and structure to your hair, giving it a thicker, fuller appearance. Again, moderation is key when using men’s hair products. Applying too much men’s hair gel or men’s hair pomade can leave your hair oily and slick, which may not be the look you want.
7. Consult a physician. If you’re really concerned about your thinning hair, consult a physician. Your doctor knows your family history and can discuss the different options available to you. Medications and hair transplants are just a few of the different methods available to combat men’s thinning hair and a receding hair line.
8. Embrace it. Come to terms with thinning hair and a receding hairline – it happens to a lot of us guys and sometimes we can’t do anything about it. Instead of letting it get you down, use it to your advantage. Lots of Hollywood stars and celebs keep their hair short (see #3) or shave their head altogether. And remember: Your hair is only one part of you. Take care of your skin and your body with the right men’s skincare products and men’s sports nutrition supplements, and you’ll still be healthy and look great.