Ways to Reduce Body Hair for Mens
Unwanted hair on the body or the face is a nuisance for women and those painful waxing sessions do not make it any easier for us. Often the problem of excessive hair growth starts around puberty and marks its territory across the face, neck, chest, back, toes and arms. It mostly traumatises the 18-45 age group. Scientifically, the condition is called hirsutism. Watch: How to get rid of unwanted hair naturally.
A few reasons for hirsutism:
- Increased level of male hormones in the blood (androgens)
- Your genes also play a role in unwanted hair growth
- PCOS that causes hormonal imbalance. Here are a few more reasons of hirsutism
The good news is you don’t have to resort to painful or expensive treatments to get rid of unwanted hair. Here are ways to get rid of it naturally.
According to a studyNavin Taneja, director of the National Skin Centre, a pack of besan or gram flour with turmeric and a little curd can also help reduce the appearance of unwanted hair.
- Take 1 tbsp of gram flour and add a pinch of turmeric to it.
- Now add 1 tbsp of curd and mix well.
- Apply on the face and neck. You can increase the quantity if you wish to apply it on your arms and legs as well.
- Massage the skin well with the paste and once it dries off, wash it off with water.
A temporary way of getting rid of unwanted hair is by depilating it using a pumice stone. The rubbing action causes friction that leads to the hair coming off from its root. Though not all coarse hair may fall off, you will notice lesser growth.
- Wet the area you want to use the pumice stone on with warm water.
- Now gently rub the stone in circular motion on that area till the hair comes off.
- Wash it off with running water.
- Moisturise the skin well.
- Do this every day to see results.
Sugar and lemon pack
Beauty expert Shahnaz Husain recommends a pack made of sugar and lemon to reduce unwanted facial hair. Lemon also has mild bleaching properties that help conceal the growth to an extent.
- Mix 30g of sugar with 10 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice in 150 ml of water.
- Mix well and then apply it on the face in the direction of hair growth.
- Leave it for 15 minutes, and then rinse with cold water, rubbing the facial area gently.
- Repeat once every week.
Lemon and honey pack
Another pack recommended by Husain is of lemon and honey. If you find sugar too strong for your skin, you can opt for honey as it has moisturising properties. Read more beauty benefits of honey here.
- Squeeze 10 ml lemon juice into 40 ml honey and prepare a mixture.
- Take a cotton swab and rub this mixture in the direction of hair growth.
- Rinse after 15 minutes.
- Repeat twice a week for two weeks.
So make use of these remedies and say goodbye to unwanted hair in a safe and natural way!
Image source: Getty Images
Disclaimer: TheHealthSite.com does not guarantee any specific results as a result of the procedures mentioned here and the results may vary from person to person. The topics in these pages including text, graphics, videos and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and not to be substituted for professional medical advice.