Shave Male Body for Mens
If you hardly shave your love tackle, then you're really missing out on one of life's little pleasures.
Most men are not accustomed to manscaping and may be nervous about taking a razor to such a sensitive area of the body; it's a lot of easier than you think, and the risk of cutting yourself is minimal if you just follow the rules.
This is the most comprehensive and procedural guide you'll find on this subject, based on years of research, experience, trial, and error.
Benefits of Shaving Your Genitals
Here are some of the benefits:
- Quick, instant results
- Velvety smooth skin
- Increased sensitivity and pleasure
- Fresh-smelling pubic area (hair collects odor)
- More sexually attractive and inviting (if preferred by your partner)
- Improves intimate contact (who likes pulling pubes out of their teeth?)
- Makes your penis look bigger (pubic hair can hide your pride)
- Less expensive and more discrete than waxing or laser hair removal
Possible Negative Side Effects of Shaving Your Genitals
Here's some of the underwhelming effects:
- Skin irritation
- Razor burn
- Nicks and cuts
- Risk of infection
- Painful hair regrowth
- Itchy skin
- Ingrown hairs
- Increased risk of STD transmittal
However, much of this can be prevented, and I'll show you how to avoid these problems.
There Are Two Ways to Shave Your Genitals
There are two ways you can shave your penis and scrotum. You can use a:
- manual razor blade (like the one you would use on your face)
- electric body groomer
Regardless of your choice, this tutorial is going to cover both approaches.
Which Is Better for Shaving Your Genitals?
"Better" is relative to the type of results you expect and the amount of effort you want to put into shaving your pubic area. With the razor, you can achieve a very smooth, close shave with some time and effort, while the body groomer is easier but perhaps less smooth.
Go with a manual razor if you want...
The manual razor shown is the Schick Quattro Titanium; it's by far the best manual razor to use if you're going to shave your privates, and I'll explain why in a moment.
Go with an electric body groomer if you want...
The electric body groomer shown is the Philips Norelco Body Groom Pro, which I recommend highly.
Summary of Shaving Supplies You'll Need To Manscape
Here are the required shaving supplies you will need, based on the method you prefer: manual or electric.
If you choose a manual razor, you will need:
- Premium razor blade (Schick Quattro)
- Personal trimmer (Wahl Micro Groomsman Personal Trimmer)
- Pre-shave oil (Jojoba oil)
- Unscented, emollient shaving cream (The Art of Shaving Unscented Cream)
- Antiseptic (The Cool Fix)
- Body powder (Balla Powder)
If you use an electric body groomer, you will need:
- Electric body groomer
Recommend Shaving Supplies & Brands
After years of crotch shaving, there is a reason why I specifically chose these products–they are highly effective and help minimize and avoid negative side effects. Some of these products are not the cheapest, but trust me, you don't want to sell your body out to the lowest bidder.
Under no circumstances should you ever take a cheap razor to your jewels. If you do, you are asking to get cut. Those cheap, single and dual-blade razors are no good: you need to get the real deal.